Going on vacation can be a wonderful thing. You get away from the routine at home to experience new things. Eat good food and sunbathe without a care in the world – that’s what vacations are all about!
But at the same time, the quality of the trip depends on a lot of external factors. If the hotel does not provide the promised standards or if the airline overbooks a flight and makes you wait for the next one, disappointment ensues.
However, the steps required to file an official complaint are many, usually one has to settle for never traveling with that particular airline or not staying at that hotel ever again.
Then there is a special category for people who complain about everything, and here we have gathered 19 of the worst choosing beggars with the craziest complaints.
1. “We went to Spain and had problems with the taxi drivers because everyone was Spanish.”
2. “We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimming clothes and towels.”
“The beach was too sandy”
3. “The beach was too sandy. We had to wash everything when we got back to the hotel room.”
4. “I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”
5. “The roads were such poor conditions that we couldn’t read the guidebook on the way to the hotel. This made us miss a lot of things that could have made our trip much better.”
6. “On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food at all.”
7. “My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”
“There were fish in the sea”
8. “The receptionist at the hotel got annoyed after we lost our third room key. That’s bad service.”
9. “We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white.”
10. “The store owners in Puerto Vallarta kept closing in the afternoons. I needed to buy things during their ‘siesta’ – it should be illegal!”
11. “No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. They startled the children.”
12. “It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It only took the Americans only three hours to get home, that’s quite unfair.”
“No one said mosquitos could bite”
13. “I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends’ three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller.”
14. “The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers – will we be OK staying there?”
15. “It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.”
16. “A mosquito bit me. No one said they could bite.”
“No air conditioning on the beach”
17. “Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined, as my husband spent all day looking at other women.”
18. “There are too many Spaniards. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners now live abroad.”
19. “We had to queue outside on the beach with no air conditioning.”
There are dummies everywhere! Now press that SHARE button so your vacation-loving friends also see this!
Source: Thomas Vacations, Association of British Travel Agents, Viralking, Lajkat.