As soon as the first snow falls in the US, chaos erupts on the roads. Well, in some states more than others. Traffic jams start popping up left and right, cars get stuck and people have trouble getting to and from work.
And then there’s the Canadians: Hockey-loving, polite people who can defuse any situation with a “sorry!”. We could all learn a thing or two from Canadians – especially when it comes to coping with Mother Nature in wintertime.
Winnipeg and Yellowknife are two of the 5 coldest cities in the world, and several Canadian cities make the list of the world’s snowiest cities as well. But still, life keeps on going, and people still stay cheerful.
How do they do it? Is it the maple syrup? Is it Tim Horton’s? Beats me – but to get closer to the truth, we’ve compiled 13 photos that prove why Canadians laugh at American winters. Enjoy!
1. At least I won’t need to worry about car thieves!
2. What is this, -50 degrees?
3. Okay, this actually looks awesome!
4. Wow, almost looks like ice sculptures!
5. They’re hardy folks!
Don’t miss number 8!
6. Great weather for bicycle commuting today, eh?
7. Now where did I put my ice scraper…
8. No comment…
9. “Yeah boss, I think I’m going to be a bit late today. My car is buried – under 16 feet of snow…
10. Desperate times call for desperate measures…
11. “Honey… I think we’re stuck.”
12. “I wonder if it snowed tonight…”
13. “I’ll be there in an hour, I’m just going to free my car…”
And I thought I had it bad! SHARE this to brighten a friend’s day!